Made with whole mandarins, this yummy mandarin loaf recipe is gluten free and dairy free, making for a healthy alternative to your regular cake...
2/3 cup of caster sugar
3 cups almond meal
1 teaspoon baking powder
1. Preheat oven to 170 Celcius / 340 Fahrenheit.
2. Canola spray the tray and line with baking paper.
3. Cover the 3 mandarins with cold water and bring to the boil for 15 minutes on medium heat.
4. Drain and then repeat step 3.
5. Drain and leave to cool.
6. Roughly cut the mandarins, remove the pips and blend.
7. Mix the sugar and eggs until thick and pale, about 5 minutes with electric mixer or 10 minutes with a hand whisk.
8. Gently fold through the almond meal, mandarin mix and baking powder together with the egg & sugar mixture with a large metal spoon.
9. Poor into the baking tray and place in oven for 1 hour. The cake is ready when a fork comes out without many crumbs sticking. Allow to cool before removing the cake from the baking tray.
Writer of healthy recipes with simple instructions.