A rule of thumb in baking is to mix the wet and dry ingredients separately before combining them together. The less you mix the flour the less time the gluten has to develop and therefore gives the end product a better chance of being light and fluffy. It also helps the raising agents in the dry ingredients to be mixed through more evenly.
2 cups self raising flour
3/4 cup coconut
1/3 cup brown sugar
100g 70% dark chocolate, broken into pieces
50g melted butter
3/4 cup milk
1 cup raspberries
1. Preheat oven to 190 degrees C / 375 degree F.
2. Canola spray muffin tin.
3. Mix dry ingredients.
4. Mix wet ingredients.
5. Combine wet and dry ingredients.
6. Pour mixture into muffin tin.
7. Bake in oven for 25 minutes or until golden.
8. Allow to cool on a wire tray and store in an air tight container.
Writer of healthy recipes with simple instructions.